วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 17 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2551

As time goes by...

Many things have changed over the last few months.
First of all, I am a fully-fledged teacher since November 2007 which I still have not really realized. It is a quite good feeling to have passed the ridiculous high amount number of tests / exams / years of study to become a teacher here in Germany. We're now in 2008 - one decade ago, I took up my studies. That's ten years of education, education, education. And what for? To start working at a comprehensive school where the proficiency level is so low that you could easily have done the job right after the Abitur. I am not sure whom to blame for the low achievements. Is it the teachers' fault, because they don't challenge their students enough or they don't know how to discipline the students enough and get them working - or are the students really unable to bring about better results?
Apart from the low achievements and the sometimes annoying, loud, mannerless students...I feel comfortable in the job and at the school. That's good.
Besides my job, there are already some good prospects for this year.
1. I have booked my next flight ticket to Thailand.
2. I have taken up my Thai studies again and am currently learning the letters (I need about 2 hours for three letters...)
3. I bought myself a digital mirror reflex camera
4. I will move back to the Bonn / Cologne area in a few months
and
5. I found an excellent Thai temple not too far from my place, where Buddhist festivals take place on a fairly regular basis.

Last but not least, I am determined to practise more English and to broaden my general knowledge, starting with Britney Spears's current mental crisis...

So long....

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: